3 sweet potatoes and 1 butternut squash or 6-9 sweet potatoes (cooked pealed and diced)
1/4 stick butter
1/4 c. evaporated milk or cream
1/4 c. brown sugar
1 c. crushed pecans
1/4 c. flour
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2 stick melted butter
1. combine all the bottom layer ingredients in a bowl.
2. Mash together just like you are making regular mashed potatoes.
3. Add the potato mixture to a small casserole baking dish.
4. Add all the ingredients for the topping in a separate bowl.
5. Mix together with fork.
6. Add to the top of sweet potato dish.
7. Bake @ 350* for 30 to 44 minutes.
Jo's tips: If you have a big group then double the recipe. you can substitute any winter squash for the sweet potatoes. I have used acorn squash it was equally delicious!
Sunday, December 18, 2011