Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Alfredo dipping sauce

This one is "inspired" by The Olive Gardens Alfredo sauce. The first time I really remember going to The Olive Garden was at a girls night out with my in-laws. We had a great time and it was great food. My sister and mother ordered the alfredo sauce on the side to dip their bread sticks in. It was really good! I made up a sauce (with my sisters help) that tastes very similar to me, you can judge for yourself. I don't really like this with noodles it doesn't taste quite right. I am going to make one change and see if I like it better. But, for dipping this is fantastic! I haven't been able to make a bread stick that I really LIKE yet, so until then I will hold off posting a recipe for that. I like to chop up french bread into chunks and dip it into the sauce for a delicious Appetizer. This is great for a cheep stay at home movie night with your husband! I hope you enjoy.

Ingredients


1 tbsp. butter
1 tbsp flour
2 1/2 c half and half
1/2 c shredded Parmesan cheese (portioned into 1/4c servings)
1/4th pk of cream cheese (cubed so it will melt easily)
salt and pepper to taste

melt butter in a frying pan on medium high heat. When the butter is melted add the flour whisking it at all times. add half and half still whisking the mixture.
When it looks like this add 1/4 Parmesan cheese and cream cheese. stiring the whole time. When the cheese is melted it should be thick and ready to serve. Take off heat and add the remaining Parmesan cheese. salt and pepper to taste!
Posted by Picasa

0 comments: